Friday, April 12, 2013

This is the place where I shall ramble.

Well, I've had this blog sitting out there forever without actually adding anything to it. I suppose maybe it's time to go ahead and change that. Now the question is, what in the world am I going to put on here? I suppose I'm just going to write whatever randomly comes to mind.

I'm not really good at follow through either so there's a decent chance that this will be the one and only post ever made on this blog. Only time will tell. I suppose for today I'll just vent about what a pain in the ass life is.

The sort of overall problem is that I have zero money. That is a direct result of both not having a job and not being and heiress or lottery winner. The heiress option seems to be a permanent non-option considering who my relatives are and their lack of inheritable wealth. The lottery is out as long as I'm in Utah since they don't participate in any. So that leaves the getting a job thing. Which I've been trying to do without success for almost 16 months now, not even counting the time I spent job searching while I was employed.

The job market here in Ogden is not great. There are a lot of manufacturing jobs but physically that's just not something I'm going to be able to do. There are a few call centers but I haven't had any luck with those. There are a lot of listings for jobs in the medical field and support positions but I don't seem to get any calls back on those. The whole thing is incredibly frustrating and has taken a serious toll on my self-worth, especially in those instances where I've gotten as far as the interview and been found not to be up to snuff. I really am trying not to lose all hope but it hasn't been easy.

I applied for three more jobs this morning. One is a medical support position doing billing and data entry. One was for an answering service. And the third was for a customer service position working from home. Of the three of them, it seems most likely that I'd get the third.

The main problem with the third is that you aren't guaranteed 40 hours so you can't necessarily count on a specific income. But, you can add and drop hours pretty much whenever you want so the schedule is super flexible. And it's a pretty portable job as long as you get yourself a landline wherever you go. All the training and the entire hiring process are online as well so my lack of transportation wouldn't be an issue. There's a little bit of an investment that would need to be made (you have to pay for a background check, install a landline, and have a headset for your phone) but they're not a big deal really.

I don't know. If it works out it could be decent even if it isn't necessarily the kind of work I'd prefer but it will pay the bills. All I have to do now is wait and hope.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Elle. I have my fingers ceossed for you. Ir makws typingn hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ALL of my digits crossed for you, including the ones on my feet!

    You should be hired to leave awesome comments on forums. That would be like, THE PERFECT JOB for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! We'll see how things go. And NoCom, if only that were a thing I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete