Saturday, April 13, 2013

New day, new post.

Well, it's well after midnight (almost 3:30 my time) so I figured I might as well post again. I've been up for over 20 hours now so who knows how much sense this will make.

I did have a thought earlier. If I do manage to get the customer service job, this would be an excellent place to chronicle the adventure of it all. Not to mention the perfect venue for the rather inevitable venting I'll need to be doing. If I could only get paid for the things I'm good at, like watching marathons of T.V. shows, scrolling through Tumblr, hanging out over on the forum, and generally being as non-productive as possible then I'd be all set. Alas, that seems unlikely to ever be a realistic possibility.

And now it is 3:30, so that's exciting. I guess.

I've had to take off my glasses, partially because they need to be cleaned, partially because I'm tired and they're harder to wear when my eyes are pooped, and partly because since my last prescription my eyes have decided to become elderly and seem to sincerely wish that I'd get them some bifocals. Grr.

I made Josh a pretty epic omelet yesterday. I cooked up some diced mushrooms and onions along with a few skinless sausage links. Once they were done I added the eggs and once the eggs were set I topped it with fresh spinach and cheddar cheese. It was kind of huge but he managed to eat it all so I think it must have been okay.

My last meal was actually a bowl of instant mashed potatoes. It was a lot less work than the omelet. I might have been more tempted to make myself a salad if I'd remembered to buy croutons last time I was at the store. I need the crunch to really enjoy it.

My daughter's prom is tonight. Her last big high school dance before she graduates. Crazy. I can't wait to see her next month at her graduation. It's been way too long. I really wish I were driving out there instead of taking the bus but I don't have a car and the bus is cheaper than 1,800 miles worth of gas.

I still have this nagging little worry that her dad might go all psycho and things could go really badly but I can't do anything about that. Hopefully he leaves his guns out of it.

Anyway, it's late (3:44 as of now) so I suppose I should finish this episode of M*A*S*H  and then consider getting some sleep. Nighty night!

3 comments:

  1. Tales of customer service usually are rather entertaining (it took me three tries to spell that word, I do not know what is wrong with my brain today). Also, that omelet sounds delicious. So does a bowl of instant mashed potatoes. I love those things, especially mixed with bacon bits and A1 sauce. Or bacon and sour cream and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally make me that omelet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see what I can do. I don't think it will ship very well though so you'll have to come stateside.

    ReplyDelete